Tuesday, February 23, 2010

GOT TO GIVE IT TO GET IT



So Karma chose Respect :) Let's go with it...
I get this question a alot when I am trying to recruit girls or just bring awareness about the sport..."If it's no rules, do you punch eachother in the face? or do you kick eachother in the face?" My answer is always the same, in my experience playing roller derby on my team, we don't hit in the face as part of our game ya know? All of us have lives to go back to after, some of us have kids that we need to be an example to, some of us have to be back at work on Monday morning and out of RESPECT, I wouldn't hit anyone in the face because I wouldn't want to be hit right back lol.
I have respect for anyone who steps foot and at least tries to play roller derby and I admire each person out there bouting.
I went to a Renegade bout over the weekend and it was awesome! I saw the ROLLER DERBY VIXEN herself, Sugar Crash kicking ass out there! It was an awesome bout...and I observed the respect that these ladies have for eachother. It's always cool to see when girls scuffle with eachother and help eachother up or give eachother a high five after! Now that's respect!