Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lack Thereof

I've been in some sort of activity for most of my life so far. When I was little it was like ballet, karate, roller skating, "jazzersizing" hahaha. When I was in high school, it was cheerleading, colorguard, water polo, I even tried playing the french horn, wtf?. Through college I was more of a book worm but I went to the gym 4 times a week. My dad was my number one fan at everything I did, and pushed me to do more and more...after he was gone, I didn't feel like doing anything. I gained 40 pounds and sat on my ass all day and ate and went to work and came home and that's about it.

I started playing roller derby because at that point in my life I was sick of just not doing anything, the gym is boring, I hate walking in my neighborhood cuz its creepy and I was going through a bad break up and I just wanted to do something for me. I just wanted to be independant of that relationship and make new friends and move on with my life and this sport had allowed me to vent out a little frustration. Well, turns out that guy and I ended up back together but I didn't give up derby despite his opposition. He still today thinks that everything I wear a bouts is too little, too see through, too tight, too short...It's like wtf? Do you want me to wear a turtle neck and a moo moo? This is roller derby, we are sexy, strong and bad chicas and we don't wear anything that we don't feel comfortable playing this aggressive sport in. He doesn't come to my bouts, he always says he will but he doesn't...wack I know but hey, I'm still a girl with a heart bigger then my bite.
Anyway, enough about that...

I am my own support system and my team is the cherry on top. I know If my dad were still here, he would be at every game and would be like the weird man holding a sign with my name on it screaming "GO DOLLY!" He would be my number one fan.

That's all for today folks!
Loves & Shoves,
Destructo Dolly

-Looking for a team to join? hit up www.renegaderollergirlssocal.com for info!