Monday, February 1, 2010

Rollerderby Saved my Soul!!!!!!

Rollerderby Saved my Soul !!!!! No dought.......I grew up on an Indian reservation......a fellow Indian treated like a minority........this is where negativity and greed delegated my life.......not to mention friends were only a luxury.........the skeletons of my families past tucked me in at night.......every day including the present has been nothing less than struggles and constant fight.........constant fight to not loose myself along the way.........a constant fight to just to be......EVERYDAY......

Rollerderby can make or brake you......both figuratively and literally.......both mentally and physically........its the support from our loved ones ........from our fans that make the drama some how more tolerable.......not to mention if your lucky enough to have actual team mates fighting with you..........not against you.......

I have played sports all my life........our family raised race horses for a living ........in school i played basketball,,,,, volleyball,,,,,track.,,,,,and wrestling,,,,,,, would have played football if they let me..........so needless to say .....sacrifice is nothing knew to me ........rollerderby just on another level you see......

Growing up with so much hatred......negativity and greed........that's just from my family........tends to way on your soul on a daily........one word comes to mind........ANGER..........this force of anger can be dangerous.........causing self destruction or even worse..........BITTERNESS.........i was lost when rollerderby found me........I couldn't help but to think wait a minute......you mean i can be as rough and as tough as i need to be......beating females down.......instead of going to jail..........she buys me a drink .......now this my friends is good therapy .........if you ask me..........

Again rollerderby nothing less then unique sport by far..........think about it people.......this is the only organized sport that doesn't concentrate on your physical attributes........where age isn't nothing but a number........and size truly doesn't matter.......color is not an issue........the more piercings and tats the better.........with this deep level of uniqueness comes an even deeper level of sacrifices and commitment...........lets face it ladies........non of us truly knew what lies beneath what we see........being a rollergirl is so much more than carrying the tittle roller derby queen..........

My support system starts with faith........destiny.........and pure hope .......that one day these sacrifices will not go un-noticed.........I would like to personally include the fans..........last but not least.........my little sister and the few friends I've lost along the way.........they were there when i needed them........thanks!!!!!!!! I would like to apologize to those who were ignored by my love n passion for this sport.......a widow if you may........4 years ago derby entered my life.........been lucky enough to excel on a daily basis........on another level......lucky enough to be known all over the Midwest and sprinkles of the coast........like Martin Luther King said ..........I HAVE A DREAM........karma says ........I REFUSE TO LET IT GO.........

I have fought my entire life against prejudice.....against hatred........-against all odds-........I am still here.....not going any where but to the top.......I have managed to take my negative life and raise a child when i was 11.....hence my little sister.........recycled that negativity and turned it to positive for her........and i plan on doing it again........through all the drama..........the trauma........the gossip........the jealousy..........I'm going to some how recycle that and concentrate on the positive things about derby..........for derby's sake..........

www.rollerderbysavedmysoul.com go and support fellow rollergirls.........they have some pretty cool merch..........

Much Derby Love
Karma