Monday, March 1, 2010

Embrace The Rainbow


All my life have I been in search of equality.....in appreciation for all living and breathing beings......the day that size, race, or appearance is not what we choose to judge an individual on.....we as society have been brain washed into thinking that those models in magazines is what is considered "beautiful"...... and if you are not that .......or you did not wear a certain brand of clothing or shoes......we were nothing......all i can say.....is take a good look at me now world.......take a good look at my fellow derby girls......we are and am and always have been beautiful.....and now we are taking over the world.......derby style baby.....so thank you .......for fueling my fire and making me to be the best derby girl i can be......

One of the many reasons I fell in love with rollerderby.......with roller girls..... is because this is one sport that all those superficial things don't play a part.....you don't have to be a giant (NBA)..... you don't have to be able to hit a ball far (MLB).......you don't have to be ripped (NFL/WWF).....I'm pretty sure you get my point.......

I remember thinking to myself what a beautiful opportunity to represent all shapes ....all sizes......everyone being there own individual.....I need to be a part of this phenomenon......this is definitely where i belong........it is the first time in my life i feel i belong....i have many things that i can thank for rollerderby has played such a big role in my life ......it has taught me very important things in my life.....and i can also thank myself because it takes massive commitment to go far in derby........

I have and am judged on a daily basis......i would like to call it being misunderstood on a daily........but this sport is for the misunderstood......its for the moms that need to release.....its for the doctor that doesn't know how to let go of the day..... its my therapy.......I have sacrificed many important things in my life for rollerderby....... but i have considered it to be an investment......its a family that i have longed for all my life ......and i know in my heart that i am not doing all this for nothing .......that i did not leave my family for a pipe dream........that i did not leave my friends just to be........I am totally a slave to the rainbow that is considered rollerderby......to the equality that i have been able to be lucky enough to be a part of........with out all the sizes and colors of the rainbow .......rollerderby would just be another sport......that is what makes us different from every other sport.......ALL IS WELCOME...... and to be able to say that or be a part of that is to be a part of true history......


Much Derby Love
Karma-