Tuesday, March 9, 2010

UH! BLOCK THE JAM!

My experience in derby has been primarily as a blocker. I think i'm better at it then jamming. I really like working with the pack to block up the jammer, it's so much fun. If I try jamming, it's like my heart is gonna pop out of my chest! I don't know if it's because of excitement, panic, or being out of shape lol. I love being a blocker because it's exciting to take someone down and laugh about it with eachother as we get back up from the ground. In my experience as a rollergirl, it's always been a friendly game where we take eachother out and give a lil spank on the ass, a lil wrestling around and we're back to our objective which is score points or prevent points from being scored.

I gotta give credit to jammers though! DAMN GIRLS! there are 5 chicks gunning it toward you and if your blockers don't have your back, you are on your own! It's a tough and very important role. Although if it weren't for the blockers, some jammers would be roadkill. If you don't have good blockers, then you leave your jammer defenseless, and if your jammer is crazy fast, one good solid hip check can send them flying because of the momentum. Blockers can be pretty amazing! They have to multi-task to get the jammer through the pack WHILE blocking anyone trying to block your up your jammer, you're having to whip your jammer, block the chick coming after her amd then block the opposing team's jammer.

Everyone is important to eachother's sucess in the bout, and ... it's a fun, rewarding experience that will stick with you for a lifetime. Something to tell the grand-kids one day, so take plenty of pictures of your hey-day as a rollergirl!

xoxo,
-Destructo Dolly

Looking for a team to join? Hit up www.renegaderollergirlssocal.com for info!